Quick & Easy Spinach Dip

I recently hosted some friends for New Year’s Eve apps and drinks, movies, and catching up.

I’m not the most confident hostess, but my best friends are so low-maintenance that I didn’t feel any pressure.

However, I had a million places to be on NYE, and so I didn’t have much prep time. Consequently, I wanted easy, foolproof recipes that I could make in advance and just pop in the oven right before everyone came over.

Enter this spinach dip, which I had never made before, but was an instant hit!

The World’s Simplest Spinach Dip

1 small onion, chopped

3 garlic cloves, minced

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 bag of fresh spinach, thoroughly washed

One 8-oz. package of cream cheese

1/2 cup milk

1 cup shredded mozzarella or parmesan

1/2 cup shredded cheddar

2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Brown onion, garlic, and olive oil in pan. Add in spinach and stir until spinach is just barely wilted. Drain any liquid.

In separate pot, heat up cream cheese and milk and stir until blended. Add in spinach, cheddar, and half of the mozzarella and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in Worcestershire (the secret ingredient!) and pepper.

Pour into a lightly greased pie pan and top with remaining mozzarella.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, or until bubbly and cheese is browned. Cover with foil if cheese browns too quickly.

Serve with bread, crackers, or tortilla chips!

Hopefully this recipe helps you out next time you have to throw together some crowd-pleasing snacks!

And don’t forget to check out some of my other favorite go-to party recipes, like Buffalo Chicken DipGuacamole, and Sangria.

Penny for your thoughts?