The Only Red Sangria Recipe You’ll Ever Need

Hey everyone! I spent last week in New York’s Finger Lakes (travel guide coming soon!), and am definitely missing vacation mode.

The Finger Lakes are known for their wine, among other things, and I had a great time tasting all kinds of wines that I wouldn’t usually order.

But now that I’m home and no longer sipping Lemberger lakeside, I figured I’d ease myself back into things with a little wine-focused post.

To that point, I wanted to share The Shire’s go-to sangria recipe, which my mom perfected after years of experimenting. She wanted to create a recipe as close to the famous sangria from one of our favorite Baltimore restaurants, Tio Pepe, as possible, and I think she succeeded.

It’s a traditional red sangria and is AMAZING!

Shire Sangria:

  • 1 bottle of Spanish wine (a heavy red blend)
  • 1/2 cup of triple sec
  • 1/2 cup of brandy
  • 3/4 cup of sugar
  • 1 diced apple
  • 1 diced orange

Mix all into a large pitcher & serve chilled!

PC1

As you can see, it’s a super simple recipe and is guaranteed to make your next hosting gig a hit. So happy sangria sipping, friends! May this recipe tide you over until your next vacation!

Penny for your thoughts?