The Secret Ingredient to the Perfect Quiche

As I’ve mentioned before (probably ad nauseam), I adore brunch. I nearly always choose savory over sweet (eggs are nature’s perfect food for a reason, duh!) and while a variation on Eggs Benedict (**cough** Lobster Benny **cough**) will always reign supreme, I do love a good quiche!

Quiche is actually a pretty easy recipe to pull off at home, and it’s one of my favorite things to make because it works for practically any meal. Over the years I’ve played with different recipes, and while I often vary the “filling” ingredients, the main components stay the same.

Below is my all-time favorite quiche recipe, complete with an unexpected ingredient I swear by!

Quick & Easy Quiche

9in. pie crust (I cheat and use a gluten-free mix! King Arthur Flour is one of my favorites.)

6 strips bacon, fried & crumbled

1/4 cup red onion

1/2 cup spinach

1 & 1/4 cups shredded Swiss (If you’re in a #TreatYoSelf mode, Gruyère is a nice splurge!)

4 eggs, lightly beaten

2 cups heavy cream

1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper

1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce (This is the secret weapon!!! It makes such a difference in the flavor of the egg mixture! You can swap in hot sauce, Sriracha, or a similar spice if you prefer.)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Grease pie pan, fill with pie crust, rim & flute the top to help contain custard

Combine eggs, cream, nutmeg, pepper, and Tabasco sauce

Stir in bacon, spinach, onion, and cheese until evenly mixed

Pour into pie

Cook 35(ish) minutes or until top is golden brown and bubbly. Toothpick or knife inserted into quiche should come out clean.

Remove to wire rack and let cool before serving. Alternatively, cover, refrigerate, and reheat before serving. Quiche reheats beautifully, and I often prep it ahead of time so that I have a ready-to-go meal or an easy brunch dish for guests!

Bon appétit and don’t forget to quiche the cook! 😜

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Penny for your thoughts?