Drop Everything & Go Visit Baltimore’s Gorgeous Peabody Library

I was fortunate enough to be able to extend my July 4th holiday into a little mini staycation last week, and spent some time adventuring around Annapolis, Baltimore, and D.C.

image

I ate way too much good food, hit the gym a lot to make up for it, scoped out a few new spots, soaked up some sunshine, enjoyed lazy afternoons with lots of my favorite people, and best of all, swung by my all-time favorite place in Baltimore: the George Peabody Library.

IMG_9245

If you’ve never popped in, you absolutely need to! Photos don’t do it justice, and of all the architectural gems I’ve seen, it’s my absolute favorite . . . though perhaps that’s just my inner Hermione talking!

IMG_9254

The Peabody is a research library, so you’ll only be stopping by to gawk at the stunning interiors and stroll along the ground floor, but it’s still a worthwhile endeavor.

It’s part of the Johns Hopkins University system, and can also be used as an event and wedding venue, so one day when I win the lottery, I’ll throw a massive party and invite you all!

IMG_9264

The Peabody Library houses over 300,000 books, and boasts six levels. A black-and-white marble floor, gold-embellished cast-iron accoutrements, and skylight ceiling make it an Instagrammer’s dream.

IMG_9252

The library building was opened in 1878, and you can read all about its founder, architect, and history, here.

It’s located at 17 E. Mount Vernon Place, and can be visited Tuesday-Thursdays from 10am-5pm, Fridays from 10am-3pm, and Saturdays from 10am-1pm.

IMG_9255

Enjoy, fellow bookworms!

Penny for your thoughts?

×