A Super Bowl Snack so easy even I can make it

Whenever my friends and I throw a party, everyone’s tasked with bringing something.  The running joke, of course, is that I’m in charge of the drinks.

While I’d like to think that this is because my family’s margaritas are famous (seriously. . . we don’t share the Shire Marg recipe no matter how much we love you), the reality is that I’m just a notoriously bad cook.

Sure, the local bakery knows me on sight (shout-out to Snickerdoodles, who makes gluten-free cakes by request in case your stomach’s high-maintenance like mine).  But occasionally, especially when it’s a hostess I don’t know really well, I want to show up like a real adult with something in an actual dish.

So I’ve perfected a few easy options, like my gluten-free Nutella stuffed chocolate chip cookies, or my mom’s crab dip, or any kind of quiche, or even one of my all-time favorites: half-a-dozen different flavors of mini cheesecakes.

Stick with me and we’ll get to those eventually, but for the purposes of this post, I’m going to focus on my game day go-to: Buffalo Chicken Dip.

I owe this one to my college roommate, who straight-up changed my party snack game one snowed-in weekend. . .

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Two 8-oz. packages of cream cheese

1 cup ranch dressing*

1 cup buffalo sauce

1 rotisserie chicken, shredded**

Shredded cheddar to top

*If you’re gluten-free, don’t forget that some ranch dressings have gluten in them! Be sure to read the label or get a gf version.

**You can use canned chicken, if preferred.  I’ve even made this out of leftover Thanksgiving turkey before.

Mix everything together and fold in the chicken. Pour into a greased pie plate, 8×8 pan, etc. You can really use any shape pan you want – just realize the more the dip is spread out, the less time it takes to bake.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Add shredded cheddar and bake an additional 10.  If you’re really short on time, hit “broil” and WATCH the cheese until it bubbles. . . it’ll happen fast, so don’t get distracted and burn it. (Not like I’m speaking from experience or anything. . . good news is, you can scrape the burned layer of cheese right off and try again. . .)

Serve it with tortilla chips, Frito’s scoops, pita, celery sticks, whatever you prefer!

P.S. Sorry there aren’t any step-by-step photos, but trust me, nobody wants me operating an oven and a camera at the same time!

Leave a Reply

WordPress.com Logo

Twitter picture

Facebook photo