Buffalo Chicken Dip: my go-to Super Bowl snack

Whenever my friends and I throw a party, everyone’s tasked with bringing something.  The running joke, of course, is that I’m in charge of the drinks, because #ShireMargs are a secret family recipe.

But, sometimes I get to shirk my margarita duty and show up with food, like my often-requested gluten-free Nutella-stuffed chocolate chip cookies; Pam’s famous crab dip; any kind of quiche; or even one of my all-time favorites: half-a-dozen different flavors of mini cheesecakes.

Stick with me and we’ll get to those eventually, but for the purposes of this post, I’m going to focus on my game day go-to: Buffalo Chicken Dip.

I owe this one to my college roommate, who straight-up changed my party snack game one snowed-in weekend. . .

Buffalo Chicken Dip

One 8-oz. package of cream cheese

1/4 cup ranch dressing

3/4 cup buffalo sauce

Two 10-oz. cans of chunked chicken, drained

1 cup shredded cheddar

Mix cream cheese, ranch, and buffalo sauce together until blended. Fold in the chicken and half of the shredded cheddar. Pour into a pie plate or 8×8 pan and top with the remainder of the cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, or until it’s bubbly and the cheese is somewhat browned. Cover with foil if cheese browns too quickly.

Serve with tortilla chips, Frito’s scoops, pita, celery sticks, whatever you prefer!

2 thoughts

Penny for your thoughts?